[rollei_list] Re: Attaching TLR to Arca Swiss style QR tripod head

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 12:44:53 -0700

I have several very old tripods. My Rollei TLRs fit pretty much any of them. I have a couple of the old Tiltall tripods (originals) but they have round plates so that the camera is supported only by the cookie in the center and not the feet. Its stable but I think having the feet too reduces the chance of stressing the bottom of the cover. I like the Tiltall, its stable enough to hold a view camera.
One test I have for tripods is to lock everything and twist the top. Some will move quite a lot.
On 5/1/2018 10:30 AM, John Jensen (Redacted sender jwjensen356 for DMARC) wrote:

Mine is not an Arca, rather a Monfrotto.  But I use the same technique, a Rolleifix with a Monfrotto plate.

John Jensen

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at