[rollei_list] Re: AW: DHW Fototechnik Rollei site

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:49:25 -0500

At 07:13 AM 8/6/2010, you wrote:
I fully agree!!

Von: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Jan Decher
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. August 2010 14:14
An: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [rollei_list] DHW Fototechnik Rollei site

Hm, would be nice if Rollei would not just focus on luxury custom- made
classic 35s but also provide a basic user model.  AND  start thinking
about developing a digital (full frame!) 35 (and perhaps TLR!).
It seems to me the scale focus Rollei 35 would really benefit from a
rear live LCD screen while keeping focus, shutter and f-stop dials
mechanical as before.
Jan

I have stopped using live LCD screen digitals except for grab shots when I visit my kids. This works fine inside and most other times, but if there is much sunlight I can't see the image. You do mention TLR in your comment and I really agree with that.

Regarding LCD viewer screens, this is an issue in the two smaller digital cameras I have, a Panasonic and an Olympus. If I have to deal with sunlight I use an Olympus digital SLR. Just a model 500 but I think it's fine for what I do. Came with a kit of two lenses which cover all my needs.

Strange thing, however, an older Sony video camera, one that uses tapes, has a relatively bright and very usable screen, but it also has a through-the-lens viewfinder and I use that when doing grand-kids sports shots, (at least when I am visiting back in San Diego).

I would be happy, if I could afford it, to have a small digital Rollei but with a through-the-lens viewfinder. I suppose this notion is because I was never lucky (or rich) enough at the time, to have ever owned a classic Rollei 35 film camera.

DAW