[rollei_list] Re: A dream and memories

  • From: Newhouse230@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:22:28 EST

That should have been Hayworth...not Heyworth!
Sorry.

In a message dated 1/15/2011 9:21:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Newhouse230@xxxxxxx writes:

I think just about every kid printed 'sun pictures' in the  early-mid
1950's.
I remember clearly a negative of the famous pin-up shot by  by  Life
photographer Bob Landry? of Rita Heyworth. I used an awful  lot of paper
printing
copies of 'that' one!
Charlie Silverman

In a message dated 1/15/2011 11:26:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cuffe@xxxxxxx writes:

Solar paper here:
_http://store.sundancesolar.com/solnatprinpa.html_
(http://store.sundancesolar.com/solnatprinpa.html)

All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On Jan 14, 2011, at 02:53 PM, Don  Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Since we have  discussed chemistry and "developing out" processes, I think
the following  comments fall within our range of allowable subjects.

First of all  the dream- I had a dream last night in which the main issue
is that we  were somewhere special and had some print papers that had been
exposed and  had some dim images on them.  We wanted/needed better images and
some  sort of preservation so I found something in the hotel/motel/castle
kitchen that brought out the images.  I then had the prints washed  with
water and then washed with a weak vinegar solution and washed  again.  The
results were pretty good- end of dream, no conclusion  reached.

Now the memory- When I was in the second or third grade  (an age at which
we all had reasonable motor skills and a few pennies to  spend) we were able
to "take pictures".  The fact is that we bought  some sort of kit (from the
drugstore across the street) which must have  consisted of some stock
negatives, some kind of print paper, and a sort of  metal holder with bent up
edges which held the paper and negative  together.  We then put all this in the
sun for a few minutes, and  behold, a print came up.

I have no recollection of what  happened next, whether there was a way to
stabilize the image, etc. but am  sure that a couple of folks on this list
will come up with the proper term  for what we did and the paper we used.

I have very vivid dreams  nightly, but even though I make a point of
remembering them, this is one  of the few I remembered in any  detail.

DAW