[rollei_list] Re: 3.5 vs 2.8

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:17:53 -0300

Elias:
          You know I also have the 2.8C and the 3.5F and our cameras
are close regarding the manufacture year. I also recall your 3.5F
condition when you got it and BTW the treatment received along the
years can make differences for these old cameras. I don't notice
quality differences between them, however there are about ten years
between the 2.8C and 3.5F manufacture and some things had other
manufacture process, f.e. the ground glass was replaced , the new
focusing screen mixing ground glass and Fresnel lens features was
considered a high technology element at the time , my 3.5F mirror
looks like new and seems to have protective layers, my 2.8C mirror is
in good condition too, but it has a few little peelings on the edges
and someway looks different regarding the F mirror.
The 2.8C has size 0 Compur shutter and the 3.5F size 00, the 00 is
smaller and then quiter than the 0, but the difference is very slight.
The C has a significant fabric light seal for the taking lens, 2.8F
and 3.5F have metal light seals only.

Rollei was changing their manufacture machines between the '50s and
'70s, I have a B III yellow filter in perfect condition made in the
'70s that looks different regarding the '50s and '60s filters and it
does not fit so easily in the C like the older filters.

Carlos