[rodgersorgan] Re: pipes vs electronics

  • From: Bruce Wagner <bjwagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:29:08 -0500

Here's my 2 cents worth - the COST.  Not only the initial cost of the
pipes, etc. but also the continual up keep on the instrument.  Sure if
you have all kinds of "bucks" sitting around - go ahead and put them
into a pipe organ.  But I have the need to balance the need of expensive
pipes and  the a true mission/purpose of a church.  I know I'm now in
trouble with this - but should we as churches/synogogues/etc. be
concerned about our fellow human beings.  I know of one very rich
individual that said he would donate all the money to a pipe organ but
would not give a dime to the missions - because he would not be able to
see what he got for his money.  Also "Pipe organs" have become a "status
symbol".  "Our pipe organ is bigger, newer, (you fill in the rest) than
yours".  If we are about status - then maybe we should go back (as
Christians) to the new testament when the brothers we asking for who
could sit closer to Christ in heaven.  His message - not about status -
but how does what you do make you a servant to drawing people closer to
our God.  Amen - so be it - and I hope I didn't step on too many toes.

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com