[rodgersorgan] Re: my mistake.....

  • From: William E Ehrke <diapason@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 21:19:08 -0500

Hi, Ed and everyone -

    Maybe there was yet another style of organ using the 950 model number.  The
950's that Bill Morris mentioned were definitely 350's without pipes,
substantially more organ than a 330.  Just like the 350, they had three full
ranks of unison oscillators, two sets of celeste oscillators, and independent
quint and tierce oscillators - all free running.  To top it all off, there were
double sets of
keyers for the manual principals and flutes in each division so that (just as
an example) the 8' and 2' principals came from different generators and keyers
than the 16' and 4' stops in the same division.  These 950's were "timeshare"
controlled and built in about 1980 and 1981 with SN's in the low 61000 range.
They had the lighted digital combination action rather than core memory.

B.E.

-------

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com