[rodgersorgan] Re: Rodgers Oegan Sound Library and Paraphrases I & II

  • From: CJBakers@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:22:34 -0400

I agree Noel, Hector should be well compensated.  However, I get the feeling
from my dealings with my Rodgers representative that he is not compensated per
sale (I am deducing this, I have not been told.)  It is my guess he has paid
for the work and possibly a little more for each one sold.  I base this on the
fact that I asked for the SOL before the purchase of my 577 was complete.  I
did not threaten to pull the order, but as with a new car (where haggling is
expected) I asked for a deep discount on this "option."  I got a DEEP discount
without too much fuss.  Now I may have cost my dealer $500, but with the market
so tight and margins so small (again another assumption because there was not
much wiggle room in the organ price) I am assuming that the dealer didn't
simply eat the loss.

I could be wrong though.  Again, before you walk away from this wonderful
resource because you think you can't afford it, TALK TO YOUR DEALER.

Clay
New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com