[rodgersorgan] Re: PR-300s - I give up

  • From: <ujk_ffk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 5:46:31 -0500

Hi Clay, DON'T Give Up! - Fred (e-musician, St Andrew, Stuart, FL) here. I have
struggled with the same problem using cakewalk and I succeeded once by limiting
the number of tracks of the file to be Midi-fied. The result was, however, that
I lost all flexibility and control over the recorded music, other than loudness
control on the PR300S.

I finally gave up and now I feed Midi Data from the cakewalk sequencer directly
into the MIDI In-Port of the organ. This way you can address the PR300S as well
as the Organ using an unlimited number of tracks. You also have control over
individual tracks in your sequencer.

On a separate Midi Out-Port I feed Midi data to a Roland Sound Canvas SC155 the
output of which I feed into a separate amplifier system.

All I need now is time to play and have fun. Good Luck and God Bless. - Fred.