[rodgersorgan] Greetings from a New Member

  • From: Holly Arcand <barcand@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:17:26 -0500

Hi everyone...and Noel...
Thanks first of all for the great list.  I've been reading it with interest
since I learned I was getting a Rogers.  Well it arrived and we moved it in
two Sundays ago with the help of 5 strong men and a wrecking crew to remove
not only the front door, but frame and all, way back to the rough opening,
then turning the organ on end, just barely made it through the opening.
This is an instrument that I've played many times for weddings and funerals
in the past, coming from the local Methodist Church, which purchased the
organ back in 76 or 77.  The recently installed an Alborn-Gallante
(censored).  My Rogers is a Cambridge 220-II and I have two speakers for
it...successfully connected despite the fact that the "snake" cable is still
under the floor at the church.  Eventually I'll get it, but being an
electronics technician, I made the cables.
Just a bit of background...I majored in music theory & composition at
Moorhead State University in MN, with minors in piano, anthropology &
journalism.  I am a ham radio operator, a lover of music, a builder of
musical instruments (harpsichords, hammer dulcimers, bowed psalteries) and
have restored a pipe organ...but this one has me puzzled.  I have a cipher
that comes & goes...a2-flat...with no draw knobs drawn.  It will first
appear as a c2 cipher on the great...then if I can get the organ turned on
without the cipher on the great, it will show up as a more faint cipher at
a2-flat on the swell with no stops drawn.  I check the key contacts on both
the swell and the great, and they are A-OK.  Any ideas?
This still has all the sponge-rubber blocking between the circuit boards,
and the plastic tape across the circuit board edges, just as it was shipped.
Should those be carefully removed, as couldn't a small piece of
25-year-old-sponge perhaps be conductive?
I've rambled enough...thanks again for the list.  Northwest North Dakota is
beautiful this time of year, with the golden wheat fields being harvested
and a big orange full moon rise tonight.  Come visit anytime...and play the
Cambridge 220.
Bernie

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com