[rodgersorgan] Fw: Rodgers organs

  • From: "Richard Torlai" <rltorlai@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rodgers2" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 20:50:52 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Torlai
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 8:43 PM
To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rodgersorgan] Rodgers organs

Good evening:
My name is Richard Torlai and I reside in Barre, MA. I am an organist and have
been playing now for around 30 odd years. I have held several positions in
churches playing the organ and directing choirs as well. I was professionally
trained (many moons ago.)
My first organ that I bought for home use, that I still own today is a Lowery
full size console theatre organ. I have recently purchased a Rodgers 32-c
analog instrument that I am customizing and installing in my home. I will be
enhancing the electronics with midi soon enough. I was recently in the home of
a fellow organist in Allendale, New Jersey and I had the pleasure of playing
his Rodgers 22 and he had enhanced his with several midi boxes and I was in
heaven playing his instrument.
I have personally met the late, great Virgil Fox and have had a love for
Rodgers Organs for a long, long time. I have played quite a few of them:
Hammond, Johannus, Ahlborn-Galanti, Allen, and finally Rodgers. My first love
is for God's instrument, the pipe organ, but if there isn't one around, then it
has to be a Rodgers.
I currently play at the East Templeton Methodist Church.
I wish you all a great weekend.

Richaard Torlai