[rodgersorgan] Fox unravels fire house by playing Rodgers Organ...

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 17:44:33 -0400

 From a web article by Gino Frencesconi:

"I was called shortly thereafter to substitute for an usher who was ill. By
then
I had the required clothing and I remember the thrill of signing in as an
employee. I was assigned to the Balcony and the concert was the organist Virgil
Fox doing a series of concerts to inaugurate a new electric Rodgers organ in
the
hall.  Pulling out the all stops took on a new meaning for me that night as Fox
had so much sound coming from the organ that the vibrations caused a glass door
behind me to open, behind which was a fire hose. The hose began unraveling, and
that’s how I spent some of my first night at Carnegie Hall: holding onto about
40lbs of bronze nozzle and canvas!"

To read the entire article about Francesconi's work at Carnegie Hall:

http://www.journalofantiques.com/Jan03/featurejan03.htm

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa