[roc-chat] my vote

  • From: Mike & Nancy Kramer <kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:17:40 -0700

voting on my own e-mail, here is my opinion.

1) Should we move ROCstock to October
Nope, let the youth groups have their, keep the teaming masses of newbies away from ROCstock to let the higher power move more freely.

1a) If so what becomes of ROCtober
Leave it be, in fact promote it more, use it as a recrutng tool for NAR, ROC, and rocketry. TARC kick off too!

2) Should we have 2 fall over night launches
yup

3) should we move June Rocstock to May
worth trying, anyone REALLY look att he weather (not just from memory)

3A) If so, should we keep some flexibility in for 'special events - I.E. LDRS NSL
sure, but I don't really have a say on this one

4) is there a way to speed up the front row including one of the following;
4A) add mini range
Nope, sounds like the safety issues trump the benefits

4B) Add a front row only RSO - Pad manger (during busy times)
I think this is a good idea, pad helpers go along way to speeding this up, great use of the kids. Payton has done this before (um, that legal?)

4C) add more pads
group pads help

4D) no more announcing rockets to be launched on the front
bad plan, good to hear when you are going especially when the rocket has sit for a bit

4E) don't change anything
evolve or die

5) Buy Mike Kramer a beer, cold preferably dark
heck yes, I'm thinking two