[roc-chat] Re: Request for help - forward

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:54:18 -0700

On 3/10/2014 1:45 PM, Gregory Lyzenga wrote:

SCRA (section 430) will be holding a Lucerne launch the morning of Sunday, March 23rd. I will be present as the Cal Pyro 3 person so that rockets above 500g will be allowed, and I can be an observer (as, obviously, can any of the other SCRA NAR members). Feel free to invite any other TARC (or even non-TARC folks) out to participate, but we will not be doing 'classic' high-power, only 'classic' mid-power (i.e., up through G) launches.

David Erbas-White

The cancellation of this month’s launch has left some groups in a tight spot; below is a request for help from anyone who might feel that can respond:

Email: jelebelle@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jelebelle@xxxxxxxxx>
Comment: To whom it may concern:
I am contacting you on behalf of Millikan Middle School's 4 Team America Rocketry Challenge teams. This is our first year in the competition and have learned the hard way that it sometimes takes longer than expected for certain rocket parts to arrive. We still nee to do an officially certified launch of our rockets for TARC (certified by a NAR member) and we need to do it before the March 31st submission deadline. We are contacting you to see if it might be possible to arrange an off-calendar launch date with one of your members. Since the next official ROC launch date is April 12th, that would be too late. Please let us know if there is any way to arrange an off-calendar launch before March 31st. We are all NAR members. Thank you so much. We would be so appreciative of your help.
Regards,
Janel Le Belle (parent sponsor)
Phone: 3109944980

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Board Member - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088