[roc-chat] ROC's December Launch is this Saturday

  • From: Gregory Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:06:17 -0800

Fellow ROC Members,

A quick reminder: this Saturday (December 10, 2011) is the next ROC Launch.
Projected weather conditions appear to be cold but favorable for launching.  As
usual, the best flying conditions prevail in the morning hours, but forecasts
call for low "W" throughout the day; easterly winds around 5 mph and sunny
skies are expected.  Portable toilets should be delivered on site by Friday
evening for the convenience of those camping overnight.

The overnight lows will be quite chilly, in the high teens or low 20's, so
dress warmly and be prepared.  Daytime highs should reach the upper 50's.
Despite the cool weather, be sure to bring (and drink) plenty of water to avoid
dehydration, and wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunblock to avoid getting burned.
The desert is a dry and sunny place, even in the winter.

The club trailer should be on-site at about 7:00 AM on Saturday ready to start
setting up the range.  The more setup help we have, the quicker things will go,
and the sooner we can start launching, so please plan on coming out early to
help if possible!

Overnight camping is allowed as usual, but be sure to keep all campfires in
above-ground containers to comply with BLM rules, and pack your ashes and wood
debris out with you when you leave.  Let's always try to leave the playa a
little cleaner than we found it.

Let's fly rockets!  We'll see you on the lake bed!

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Board Member - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088