[roc-chat] Re: Punisher on a K1440

  • From: John Coker <john@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 09:09:21 -0700

I'm up for anything; as long as we get a nice group photo beforehand.

John

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Launching "by the ripples" (one after another or 2-3 at a time) would
work for me.

Chris

From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 05/26/2015 08:49 AM
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: [roc-chat] Re: Punisher on a K1440
Sent by: roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------

Chris:

That was the major reason I suggested launching the rockets two or three
at a time. You’ll still be able to download the data from the rockets that
make it back (sorry if some don’t), but it’s going to be difficult for
people to track the 9 or so rockets going at once. I just would like for
everyone to think this through. You are going to have to clear the back
row, move the pads you will need back and extend the leads, launch, then
move all the pads back while people are recovering rockets from the mass
launch. I know how busy it gets at ROCstock when the weather is good. If
it’s not, people will not want to launch their Punishers.

You will not have to move the pads back to comply with the mass launch
safety guidelines if rockets are launched a couple at a time.

It’s safer launching fewer rockets at a time. Particularly, at an event
with many spectators spread over the camping area. I flew my L2 rocket in
the Goblin drag race. Some people might have got their rocket back if more
people were able to focus on a couple rockets at a time. Some came down
‘hot’ with no warning but fortunately away from the camping area.

From: David Reese <dareese@xxxxxxxxx>
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 05/24/2015 05:49 PM
Subject: [roc-chat] Punisher on a K1440
Sent by: roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey all,

Just boarded my return flight but I don't want to keep you all waiting in
suspense so I banged this out on my phone real quick:

*https://instagram.com/p/3FdNCgJXpm/*
<https://instagram.com/p/3FdNCgJXpm/>

--david

ps to those of you who I owe phone calls, I'll get to them tomorrow! We've
been busy this weekend...

pps Told ya so :-)