[roc-chat] Re: Onboard video from last weekend

  • From: MonsieurBoo@xxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 06:53:35 -0500 (EST)

> "The AI (sic signal processing) on youtube is so good these  days..."

I've got a musician friend who has bees loose in his bonnet about
something he sees on YT.  He keeps sending me links (sends me the same ones
repeatedly, in fact) saying "these guys are playing wronghanded".  Now I'm  a
keyboard player and don't keep track of which guitarists are righties vs.
lefties, but he insists on validation.  So I watch the clip, and let's say
sure
enough at 4:20 there's a GROK or DRON keyboard logo that gives it  away, so I
tell him, yeah, it's flipped.

That didn't help because then he insisted on understanding why they would
do that (because it was Very Confusing), and kept arguing with the
possibilities  I offered.  Last time he asked, I told him it was so the YT
snoopware
couldn't detect it as copyrighted material.  Apparently that's satisfied
him.

Cheers
Mark L.