[roc-chat] Re: Old Article About ROC in Magizine

  • From: "Kevin R. Lane" <krlane@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:19:45 +0000

If I remember right, The Board knew they were going to be there to do a story
on extreme hobbies.
On Saturday morning the camera crew were walking around taken pictures of
everything.
The first time we saw them was with Dennis Dinga and Brian Barney out behind
the potra potties.
They asked if they could take a few pictures of my V2 on the launch pad, at the
time I was freaking out about my cert flight, so who knows what I said.
After the successful flight the writer, Tom Clynes asked if I would mind
talking to him about the launch and taking a few more pictures.
About that time Greg Lawson walked by and said " try not to make us look to
crazy"
The writer told me he was contracted by PM to write the article, that was
several weeks after the launch while he was following up on some details.
The photo shoot lasted about an hour and a half, here are a few pictures.
The PM guys were great, they ended up having dinner with our group and hanging
out by the campfire.
Had no idea what was going to be in the article until the magazine came out.
It was a fun experience.

Kevin Lane
HVAC Supervisor
UC Irvine Facilities Management