[roc-chat] Re: Electronics bay power switch options

  • From: Ian Walberg <ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 15:28:29 +0000

Richard,

Let me check what we have in the larder :)

Ian

From: ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 04:16:54 +0000
Richard,

I like the internal mounting option of these switches.

Anyone know where to get an aluminum mounting bracket/plate that will work for
these?

Thanks

Ian

From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:43:48 -0700
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I prefer to twist and tuck, but when I use switches I really like these from
Aerocon: http://aeroconsystems.com/cart/switches/through-mount-slotted-switch/

Bryce Chanes
Full-time Student/Musician/Eagle Scout/Rocket Scientist

On Aug 10, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Ian Walberg
<ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Folks,

Any advice, thoughts or experience on electronics bay power switches for a
4inch diameter or above rocket, the electronics bay will also forma the coupler.

I have previously used both external switches or internal with an access hole
and never been completely happy with either for different reasons.

So what have you used and where can you get the switches you used?

Thanks

Ian