[roc-chat] Best December Launch I can Remember

  • From: Tom Hanan <tom.hanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:27:37 -0800

This launch has to set some records for recent December ROC launches :)

The combination of "Great Volunteers" and "Great Weather" allowed a lot of the volunteers to actually get a break or two and do some launching :) That's the way its supposed to work at every launch!

The ready availability of volunteers to fill ALL the positions, ALL the time, allowed the team to handle the kind of "Zulu Dawn" launch queues we don't usually see at monthly launches. At least they felt like Zulu Dawn to some of us who have not volunteered for a while ;) The old pros were launching high power at RocStock rates all day!

This December launch also showed that LPR (Low Power Rocketry) & HPR (High Power Rocketry) can easily coexist, with high launch rates for both, when you have enough volunteers :)

High power Pads were queued up 2 to 3 deep the last 3 hrs! If we maintain that level of HPR demand and available volunteers we may need to put out more HPR pads at the monthly launches! Especially the 1/4" Rods. That is a very good problem to have!

Many thanks to the ROC-Stars who signed up ahead of time for range duty online. It gave the BOD the resources and flexibility to pull off an exceptional December launch!
And some re-training of BOR like myself ;)

I think December is a great example of how committed the ROC BOD, members and participants are to finding practical solutions that have long maintained ROC as one of the premier amateur rocket organizations.

And many thanks to the vendors who are an exceptional part of the ROC launch experience. These people "save" the high power & certification aspirations of many a flyer with their on-site components, advice and support :)

ROC people are Great!
Thankyou each and every one!

"Straw (Green) Hat" Tom