[roc-chat] BP at BP

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:50:39 -0700

I just called Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga.  Currently, they don't have
any 4F but they normally stock it.  I'll be going by the store on the way to
ROCstock on Friday and this is one of the things I'll check for.

I also did some checking on the general availability of 4F and black power in
general.  Buying it isn't really that big of a deal.  The regulations for
selling it vary by state, county, and even city.  Also, there are different age
requirements, but generally, you have to be an adult.  So, it's sale might be
restricted in your area but fine in another city or county.  It's considered
highly flammable, so shipping restrictions apply.

I advise against a group buy of large quantities, simply because I don't think
it's a good idea for one person to buy a large quantity (i.e. more than 1 lb.)
of BP and haul it around.   On the other hand, buying a 1 lb can and splitting
it up would be good if placed in suitable containers.  So, I suggest sharing
what we have.  It's not expensive, we don't use a lot, and does everyone need
to have their own 1 lb can of BP?

Please be smart about how you use it and clean up spills.

Here's the location and phone number for Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga:

7777 Victoria Gardens Lane

Phone: (909) 922-5500

Richard Dierking