[roc-chat] Re: BALLS 2012

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:57:15 -0700

Two separate launches; BALLS is the National Experimental Launch hosted by
Arizona High Power Rocketry Association (AHPRA) which is a TRA Prefecture.
BALLS is held at Black Rock Desert (a REALLY big dry lake) in Arizona.
Because it's not CA there's a high impulse limit and waiver to 100,000'

Evidently, FAR 50 is something new that will be held at the Friends of
Amateur Rocketry (FAR) site in the Mojave Desert, California.  According to
Rick, the they're working on a 50,000' waiver for this launch.
http://friendsofamateurrocketry.org/

From Jack and Rick, we've heard that both will be held in September.

Hope this helps,
Richard Dierking