[roc-chat] Re: Anyone been past the lake bed recently?

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:07:41 -0800

On 12/25/2012 12:04 PM, Rick Dickinson wrote:
Has anyone driven past the lake bed recently?  I'm planning to drive out
tomorrow with my some family members who are in town for Christmas and
fly a few model rockets, but I don't want to make the trip if the lake
bed is under water or something....

The various weather web sites are predicting varying quantities of wind,
and the possibility of rain in the afternoon, but I'm not sure what
condition the actual lake bed is in.

Any more accurate info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

  - Rick Dickinson

P.S.: If things don't work out at Lucerne for tomorrow, does anyone know of any other model rocket-friendly locations that might be better for tomorrow?

Thanks!

 - Rick D.