[roc-announce] Memorial Service for ROC Member Dave Eckhart

  • From: rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ROC-Chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ROC-Announce <roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:39:24 -0700

Everyone,

As you have probably heard by now, long-time ROC member Dave Eckhart passed away earlier this year, on April 3, 2012.

At ROCstock this past weekend, his family asked me to pass along the following information about his memorial service to the ROC membership, so that Dave's many friends would be able to attend.

Dave's memorial service will be held on Sunday, June 24th, 2012, at 3:00 PM, at the Florence Avenue Foursquare Church in Santa Fe Springs. The address is:

Florence Avenue Foursquare Church
11457 Florence Avenue
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

For more information, please contact Dave's son-in-law, Frank, at 480-254-4381.

Dave was a great man, a friend to everyone he met, one heck of a rocketeer, and he is sincerely missed by everyone who ever knew him. I encourage everyone to come to the service, and show his family how much we all loved Dave, and miss him.

I know that I, personally, think of him and his Little Tykes basketball and tire toy-box rockets fondly every time I see any odd-rock. He was an inspiration. We'll all miss you, Dave!

Thanks,

 - Rick Dickinson