[Ring211] Dennis Loomis has passed away

  • From: Rbusps67 <rbusps67@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ring211@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All:

I read on The Magic Cafe' that Dennis Loomis passed away Sunday at age 70. That
is so sad, I really will miss him. He sent me an email about a year ago about
his living in Ann Arbor while I was at The University of Michigan (and my Dad
even drove me to his house once for a visit with him- he was super nice to me-
even though I did not know didly). I remember "Dennis Loomis and Bonnie" who
used to be on the Get-Together shows. Dennis worked with Doug Henning (and they
were early friends in Colon), then eventually Dennis even became a magic
dealer. I really, really enjoyed his recent articles in M-U-M: many of his
colorful colummns told about his early Michigan days.

I was not aware that Dennis was even ill, maybe that is why he stopped recently
writing for M-U-M (and I thought he was one of their best contributors).

Hope to see you tonight, I have no idea where El Barrio Mexican Grill is- I
hope to find it. About time I made it up to GR for Ring 211, looks like good
weather, I need to make the trip.

Roger Bus, Kalamazoo