[ride-radio] Resumption Of Ride Radio Service: Please Read

  • From: "Radio Rick" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ride-radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 07:56:25 -0800

A change resulting from the system maintenance on our server last night
undid everything I did on Wednesday night to ensure that we could be reached
from everywhere.

That's because Ride Radio's IP address changed due to the downtime, and
guess what? Due to our Wednesday night fiasco, I had just changed everything
over to point to the IP address, which of course became invalid early this
morning!

(I think it was valid for two or three years before this morning!)

So now everything works again, except for the numerical link I posted
Wednesday night.

If you have a bookmark or recent file URL pointing to NowStreaming.me, it'll
work.

The webpage link now works again.

We're again streaming to the right place, so you can reach us.

iPhone apps and the Victor Reader Stream can still reach us.

We hope everything will be stable now.

As with the situation earlier this week, this is something we had no control
over. I awoke to find us down and had to scramble to change things back to
the way they were before Wednesday night.

I think we're good now.

If you have any questions, write to me and I'll try to help.

If not, it's all systems go.

--

Rick