[retroforth] What's coming next...

  • From: Charles Childers <crc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: retroforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:35:18 -0500

Now that 7.5 is out, I'm taking a break from adding things to the core.
Over the next few months, I hope to do quite a bit of cleanup to the
codebase and documentation. Of course bugfixes will be coming as well :-)

So here's what I have planned for the next few months (in a random order):

RetroForth 7.5.1 (two weeks from now)  -- fix the DLL version of
RetroForth/Windows, the boot sector for RetroForth/Native, and do some
reorganization of the core blocks. Also reduce binary size when used
with libc.

TetraForth (three weeks?) -- for Windows and Linux

Reorganize the code library

Overhaul the build system -- it's painful to maintain all of the ports
right now

New version of RetroVCS

Port VIBE to RetroForth/Linux

Rewrite retroforth.org to use RetroWeb