[relug] Re: cursori mouse

  • From: Luca Bedogni <bedogniluca-linux@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: relug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:57:47 +0200

On  15:49:02 06/set , Vecchi Giovanni wrote:
> 3. Installing Cursors
>
> From the command line run the make font directory command:
>
>     $ mkfontdir $HOME/fonts
>
> In the top of either your .xinitrc or .xsession file (the exact file
> depends on your distribution), add the following:
>
>     xset +fp $HOME/fonts
>     xsetroot -cursor_name X_cursor
>
> Now restart your X server. If everything went as it should your updated
> cursors should now be displayed in place of the standard system cursors.
>
> Alternatively, instead of installing the new cursor file in your home
> directory you can replace the cursor file in your X11 fonts directory. On
> my system the cursor font file is located in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.
>
> cosa vuogliono dire i due parametri passati a xsetroot?

Gli passi un parametro. Da man xsetroot:
-cursor_name cursorname
              This  lets  you change the pointer cursor to one of the
              standard cursors from the cursor font.  Refer to appendix
              B of the X pro-tocol  for  the  names (except that the
              XC_ prefix is elided for this option).

> e poi dentro a fonts cosa devo mettere di preciso? io ho scaricato da
> www.gnome-look.org un pacchetto .tar.gz con dentro i cursori e dell'altra
> roba, che file devo cacciare nella cartella fonts? questa guida non mi è
> chiara...

A pelle direi i cursori, "l'altra roba" servirà a gnome se lo installi
penso.. Prova :)

Ciao
        Bedo

--