[regionalretreats] Towards a Compassionate Society

  • From: ewalt@xxxxxxxx
  • To: regionalretreats@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:28:50 -0400

Dear Friends,

In a nutshell, we are asking ourselves the question, "What can we do as Buddhists to help manifest a more peaceful and compassionate society?"

Last fall during the Buddhist Global Relief Hunger Walk at Kensington Park in Milford a group of participants from around the state cohered around the inspiration to take further action towards manifesting these qualities in our society.

A first step might be to meet each other to explore these possibilities together.

We propose an initial meeting on Saturday, April 1 from 2 to 4 PM at the Zen Buddhist Temple at 1214 Packard Street in Ann Arbor.

We have invited participation from all the Buddhist groups in Michigan that are listed on the website www.michiganbuddhist.com. Please join us if you can.

If you plan on attending please let us know by emailing Josh (Hwa Son) Plucinski at jdplucinski@xxxxxxxxx or phoning him at 313-815-3184.

Thank you!

Sincerely, in the dharma,

Sam Ewalt, The Bluewater Community of Mindful Living

Haju Sunim, Zen Buddhist Temple, Ann Arbor

Hwa Son Josh Plucinski, Still Point Zen Buddhist Temple, Detroit

Vi and Robert Martin, Zen Buddhist Temple, Ann Arbor