[regional_school] Naming Conflict

  • From: Maeve Cullinane <maeveac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Regional School <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:28:12 -0400

I just became aware of a possible conflict, or at least confusion for families. There is a Charter School on Genesee Street, in St Monica's old school, called "Rochester Academy Charter School". It is a 7th-12th grade school focused on meeting the needs of low achieving city students through small classes, high expectations and prep school - like curriculum.

Perhaps our Regional Academy could be edited to something like The Regional Learning Academy or Regional Discovery Academy. If folks search for our name, they could easily come up with info about the Rochester Academy instead.

Maeve Cullinane
296 Aldine Street
Rochester NY 14619
585 527 9574