[regional_school] Math and social studies openings in Lehman Community, Ithaca

  • From: William Cala <wcala9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: regional <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:35:27 -0400 (EDT)

The Lehman School is a sister school to School Without Walls that operates
under the same state waiver of Regents exams.  I am a member of the Performance
Assessment Board and I evaluated the school two weeks ago.  It's a great
opportunity.

Bill

The Consortium's Ithaca school has openings for next year:

The Lehman Alternative Community School is Ithaca, New York’s democratically
organized public alternative middle and high school, serving 275 students in
grades 6-12. The student population is heterogeneous, drawn district-wide, and
reflects the diverse population of the school district. LACS is a longtime
member of the Coalition of Essential Schools and supports its 10 Common
Principles, and a member of the New York Standards Performance Consortium.

We have anticipated openings for a Mathematics Teacher and a Social Studies
Teacher (positions will be up to 1.0 FTE) to join our staff at the start of the
2010-11 school year.

For further information, please contact: Joe Greenberg, Principal
Telephone: 607-274-2183
Email: jgreenbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 607-274-2351