[regional_school] Re: Gates Reverses Course??

  • From: "Dave Atias" <datias34@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "School Regional" <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 12:58:44 +0000

I'm in.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Padron <padron.diaspora@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: regional_school-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 19:44:38
To: <regional_school@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [regional_school] Re: Gates Reverses Course??

OK-we can start with a meeting to plan a storefront operation that not
everyone has to feel committed to but is/are willing to support. By support
I mean $10-$20@ month for-let's say 1 year! A storefront that will target a
neighborhood, maybe in the crescent, that could use a tutoring and resource
outpost. It's like low intensity conflict-we would be opening an avenue
based on praxis whereby a community would come to learn about the regional
school from a hands-on perspective. We would be independent from the
funding stream yet potentially create a phenomena that funders would
support. No one is doing anything evejn close to this. Not even the RCSD!!!
We could offer programming there as well ie. poetry/drumming/theatre to
name a few-at least the ones that I can be involved in. I am putting myself
up front in the hope that others will reflect to see what they could decide
to spearhead. Of course it must be understood that many must come forth and
put theory to practice. We have enough woman/man power-directly or
indirectly- to staff such a place. Imagine after-school tutoring from 5-8
and on weekends tbd. Students from Fairport-Brighton-RCSD-etc. could be
recruited to assist. We could sponsor a community garden. These are the
timeslots when all the cbo are shut or already filled to
capacity-particularly weekends. This has been done before and proved to be
very effective. Hey, 1 year!!!! I am down-that is my move/that could be our
move-a collective effort to start the ball rolling with no promises just
action!!!!!