[realmusicians] Re: window-eyes observations

Yeh, there are two kinds of com port pin outs, the ati straight and the intel cross wired one, and you can't always tell which one your mobo has.

I always buy both so I know one will work.

At 10:52 PM 11/22/2011, you wrote:
If you have an external 9-pin port, meaning one that wasn't on the board,
you have to make sure that they get a true serial port, and not a USB to
serial port thing or a port without the cross wires. Some of these legacy
devices won't work at all on those.

HTH, D!!J!X!

-----Original Message-----
From: realmusicians-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:realmusicians-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Indigo
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:42 PM
To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [realmusicians] Re: window-eyes observations

I have a DoubleTalk LT that ran on dos for years, so how do I get something
it understands to come out the serial plug of a modern computer.
I hooked it to a Win 7 64 computer and heard nothing, nada, zilch, except
that sad long suffering tone when it says DoubleTalk Ready when I switch it
on. smile.
It has its own internal drivers for dos, that was its great feature, didn't
need a certain baud rate, duplex or half duplex, whatever, sent from
VocalEyes.