[realmusicians] Interesting Superior Drummer Discovery

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'JSonar -- JAWS Scripts for Sonar discussion list'" <jsonar@xxxxxxxxxx>, <midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:50:48 +0100

Hi all!

After Listening to the Addictive Drums podcast, that got me thinking.  So, I
loaded up Superior Drummer 2 and loaded up some kits in Superior Drummers
.s20 format with the .HSC sets.  Then, saved out some VST preset .fxp files
in Sonar's preset dialog box.  Tested them and sure enough, they load in.
This would allow anyone potentially to use Superior in any DAW package under
Windows that supports the .fxp format, providing you can get it authorised
and as you all know, that's possible to do in Sonar, with the .HSC sets.
Converted all of my .s20 files to .fxp by doing this.  Hmm, anyone know how
to add .fxp files to a bank?  Never looked at that yet.   Also, if you are a
Sonar user then, I have yet more good news to report.  You can load up your
multiple output drum sets with the .HSC sets then, customise them any way
you like E.G. add different snares etc then, ad presets to Sonar's preset
list.  You can then, simply load up a Sonar project that has superior
Drummer 2 in it, set the project playing with the spacebar then, arrow up
and down the preset list and if you are running a reasonably fast system,
the drum sets will change instantaneously.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK +44-1747-821-794