[realmusicians] Fw: Submit your music to Capitol records' A&R

  • From: Roy Shtupler <shtupler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 07:49:30 +0200

hi listers
well , what do you all think of this?
would you go for such an offer?
all the very best
Roy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Member Services" <members@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <shtupler@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 4:24 AM
Subject: Submit your music to Capitol records' A&R

Hi Everybody,

My Name is Jaime Feldman, and for the last 7 years I worked as Director of A&R for Capitol Records. We represented artists like Coldplay, Interpol, Beastie Boys, Katy Perry, Lilly Allen and more.

I've recently joined up with A&R Select to help you artists get a foothold on what it
takes to be considered by major labels.

I am really excited about being here because I believe this company is the future of the music business. Major labels aren't developing artists anymore, that's where A&R Select comes in. My job here is to take the best artists and try to shop them for deals at labels. publishers, and licensing for Film. TV and Video Games.

While the staff at A&R is putting a lot of really great music in front of me, they have also allowed me to offer 1 on 1 workshop sessions with artists that are SERIOUSLY looking for major label attention.

If you feel you are ready for a major label deal and want to work directly with me to evaluate and consult you through the process, I am going to be offering my time for a VERY limited time.

HERE'S WHAT WE WILL DO TOGETHER:

Before the consult, I will thoroughly go through all that I have access to in regards to your music and career path to evaluate you in the way that a potential major label artist is reviewed in board meetings at record companies in New York and LA.

After this comprehensive review, we will talk about...

1. Where you are musically as compared to the level of appeal and professionalism that is exhibited by major label artists. If you fall short, I will tell you exactly how you fall short and then give you suggestions/advice on how to make up that gap. These will be realistic suggestions and changes that you will be able to make no matter what budget you are on and no matter what area of the world you reside in.

2. Your current live situation, what type of shows you are playing, talk with you about what your plan is to build out future shows in other cities, larger venues, etc. and how you can accomplish that goal. It's not as hard as you think if you put some work into it.

3. The next few months to a year, what your plan is for the future and how it can be accomplished with me guiding you through laying out that process. I will add additional thoughts and ideas that you may not have thought of to really ramp things up and make you more attractive to label reps.

4. The pros and cons of different steps in an artist's career (management, entertainment attorney, publishing deal). When do you want to pull the trigger one of these options? Why might you not want to such a thing? When we are done, you'll feel more confident that whether you've reached this point in your career or will soon, you will be able to make more informed decisions about all of this.

5. Whatever questions you might have. You can avoid costly mistakes and ruined first impressions by taking this workshop with me and getting your questions answered by an actual A&R Person with over 10 years in the business. They might be about how major labels work and get insight into what their thought process is and how things progress within those doors. They might be about certain dynamics within your band and how you should proceed and what my advice is. They could be about anything. I am at your disposal to clear up any confusion you might have and give you clarity.

And at the very end, I will let you know if you are ready to have your music passed on to my numerous contacts within the industry for label consideration. When you walk away from this consult, you will be confident you know where you stand in this business, and if you aren't quite label ready yet you will know what you have to do to get a label's attention.

When I worked in the major label system, I would occasionally take on a few band consulting gigs for anywhere from $500 to a few thousand dollars, but now since I am part of the A&R Team, I am able to offer you my time and resources for two payments of only $99.00

Space is limited and i wont be doing this forever so please email me at Jaime@xxxxxxxxxxxx if you are interested in booking a one on one session with me.

I look forward to getting to know you and your music much better.

Best,

Jaime Feldman
A&R Director
A&R Select