[realmusicians] Re: Blind friendly guitar tuners?

  • From: Chris Belle <cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:05:15 -0600

Well, but I sure ain't the last word on guitar stuff that's out there, my needs are pretty simple and I'm pretty old school about it, and I don't obsess over pedals and tone and such to a reasonable extent.

I remember there being tuners which will emit a tone and you can tune by ear as far back as the 80s, but can't remember model numbers and such, we'll investigate further.

But there's got to be something out there which has a couple of knobs and makes noise 'grin'.

At 09:39 PM 12/13/2011, you wrote:
Okay. Thanks Chris. I figured that was the answer, but just thought I'd check.

Tom

On 12/13/2011 5:25 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
Not anything I know of.

I still do it by ear with a reference note from the keyboard.

At 03:52 PM 12/13/2011, you wrote:
Just wondering if any of the high-tech tuners are accessible; like a
tone generator, or if you guys are still using the old tried and true
methods.

Thanks,
Tom

For all your audio production needs and technology training, visit us at

www.affordablestudioservices.com
or contact
Chris Belle
cb1963@xxxxxxxxxxxxx