[real-eyes] urgent info ref saf phone meeting all info in one email.

  • From: "jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:53:43 -0600

Ok thanks to Will Hawkins we now have  the use of his business phone dial up
phone conference.
On Sunday 01/11/2009 just before 1 p.m.  dial 218-339-2699
when prompted enter 892231
 all are welcomed to join our group. the paws group is going to only handle kc
Para transit concerns.

we plan to share all pertinent info with anyone.

We wish to give power to those that have been powerless in the past.

Please post everywhere.

agenda

1. making a master list of concerns. we have the following already logged.
 kc a t a staff refusing to set up trips after we finally get a live person
 unable to get threw to set trips do to large volume of calls. extended hole
times
late pick ups
no pick up .
drivers arriving when trip was not set up.
Not being picked up for a return trip.
drivers not coming to the door.
not calling rider if arriving at an apartment BLd and the apartment number was
left off of trip info.
not told as to who to  call for what purpose.
not receiving any feedback when we report our concerns.
after weeks of training the Drivers unable to use there GPS
both the  new vender "viola" and checker cab kc bids had many similarities,
what made the kc ata pick viola over checker?
How is starting over with a new company serving the riders?
What part of we didn't want a new company did the KC ATA not understand?
that's all I have at the moment.
if u need to add to list please tell me during the phone  meeting.

2. quick over view on how to handle ourselves during the saf meeting Jan. 13th
at
1200 W. 18th st.
from 9:00 AM  to 10:30 AM.

Also we need to attend    the  k c  a t a commissioner board meeting  at the kc
a t a  on 01/21/2009 if you need to know the time please call 816-346-0211.
to email the bord members
send a message to Cheryl Floyd <    Please click on the link below for a list
of our Commissioners.
cfloyd@xxxxxxxxx>

http://www.kcata.org/about_kcata/entries/board_of_commissioners/

contacts.
3. t v 41 did a news story ref saf that aired on 01/09/2009 the story is on line
The  kc a t a claimed that there are but a few problems with the new vender.
see for yourself.

read the text at the bottom of this message do a search for action news to get
right to the transcript of the story.
I was unable to find the video on line. even with the help of the news desk at
action news 41.

I understand the kc star is doing a story also. I have no info on it, can
someone pass it along if they have it?
please forward all concerns to city hall Office of the mayor
they are compiling a list of the many problems.
email
 Crispin Rea
 <Crispin_Rea@xxxxxxxx

w d a f TV 4 Problem solvers  wants input also. please email
Linda Wager
e mail address: Linda.wagar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 if there are any other news stations covering this please email me the info or
share it with the group on Sunday.
action news 41 story on shair a fair.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/search/sitesearch.aspx?q=share-a-fare
Riders: Share a Ride Unreliable
  Reported by: Marissa Cleaver
Email: cleaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last Update: 1/08 7:39 pm

 KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Metro drivers who depend on Share a Fare say the service is
becoming unreliable.

Share a fare provides door to door service for people with special needs.

Vanessa Peterson, who is blind, says the service worked perfectly for 20 years.
 Then things changed.

"The service has just gotten worse.  It's gone into the toilet," she says.

Peterson says drivers are picking her up two hours late or two hours early.
She adds that drivers are parking at the end of her driveway never letting her
know they arrived.

"As I walked to the bus the driver just sat there and said go a little more
this way, a little more that way and didn't really get up to help or anything,"
she says.

Mark Huffen is general manager of KCATA.

"We have had some operational difficulties and we are working around the clock
to solve them," he says

 He says the problems started January first when they switched vendors to
Veolia Transportation.  They also got new software.

Huffen says they are making changes.

"We are opening up more lines, putting more agents in and response times are
improving daily," he says.

Huffen says the majority of riders aren't experiencing problems.  They expect
share a ride to be operating a lot smoother in about week.

 Peterson says until things are worked out she will depend on a co-worker for a
ride.

Add a CommentAdd Video Comment
This is terrible. Think of the riders who depend on the service who have other
health/welfare issues or depend on rides who might not have the mental capacity
to even complain. They are just "stuck". What about getting to her job? With
the economy it would be sad to loose a job because of the service whom she
depends on. I would be fired for not showing up to work at my scheduled time.
How horible to be degraded by someone telling her "how" to get on the bus. How
does she know that the person who pulls up is really her ride?