[real-eyes] tonight's Books And Beyond

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:04:02 -0500

Dale Campbell is a familiar name to all of us who listen to Cooking In The
Dark. On his  show, Dale shares  recipes while making them as well. Many
blind
people cook, but many are not willing to use a stove or an oven. Why are
people afraid? How does this impact on them nutritionally? What steps can
someone
take to become more comfortable with using a stove and more comfortable when
dealing with    hot foods? Where does this fear come from? Are we, as blind
people, too concerned about how food looks to sighted people? What ideas
have we bought in to that don't matter? How does one find the most
nutritious
foods  when shopping? How can we learn to be more savvy consumers? What can
we do to promote safety while cooking?
Dale will answer these and other questions tonight and share hints and
products that will help us in the kitchen. How did Dale become so
comfortable with
cooking? This is a show for curious women who love to cook and the men they
love who would like to learn more. Now look below for how, when and where to
join us.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org
>  and click on the politics room. If this is your
> first time, your computer will download the appropriate software to allow
> the virtual chat room to function. Just follow the prompts and enter the
> room and join the discussion.
 We tape the show each Thursday morning at 0 hours UTC, or Wednesday evening
at 8pm eastern time. After the show, write to bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx with your
feedback.