[real-eyes] to all concerned parties

  • From: "Erika Wolf" <erika.wolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:16:58 -0600

Dear interested parties, whom may be affected by the new Share a Fare
Program that has recently been taken over by Viola Transportation:
Within the past day, Jose Lopez has been in direct contact with a reporter
from Fox Channel four, and it has been brought to my attention to spread the
word: If you're currently having trouble or difficulty scheduling or
cancelling rides or have any other issues concerning the current paratransit
System, it is advisable to get in touch with this reporter, who has
expressed interest in taking down our story.  The reporter's name is Linda
Wager, and you can get in touch with her by writing to the following e mail
address: Linda.wagar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
WE really need to pull together as a collective body, here within the blind
community, to ensure that immediate appropriate actions are taken when there
are any mishaps with catching a ride or then being picked up at a desired
location.
Undoubtedly, WE all have seen the terrible affects of the recent take-over
by Viola within the past week to know That if all affected parties don't
come together as a unified force, nothing is going to result in our overall
favor.  For example, it will take much longer for anything to be done
concerning the latest crisis the Paratransit system is in.  WE really need
to grab media attention soon in order to get some satisfactory results as to
when we can expect or be given an exact time-line as to when  errors
relating to arranging or scheduling rides, and thus, in turn cancelling them
when needed gets resolved or answered , and the overall process  becomes
much easier and more efficient; without us all having to be put through high
levels of undo amounts of stress.
Therefore, it is Jose's and my opinion, alike,  that we as a large group
attend appropriate meetings such as the upcoming KC ATA Monthly Advisory
Committee Meeting that is open to the public to attend.  This meeting takes
place every second Tuesday of the month, and if as many of us can gather
down there this coming week, Tuesday, January 13, 2009, at 9:00 a.m.; our
belief is by making a large presence at this monthly meeting, more response
by KC ATA  Personnel will be generated as to why these current obstacles
we've all stumbled upon within the past several days have continued to
occur.  Also, there will be an upcoming KC ATA Board of Commissioners
Meeting we can all attend that will be taking place later this month.  Here
is some information concerning this meeting along with some other set
meetings: The Board of Commissioners meets monthly, on Wednesdays, in the
Breen Administration Building, 1200 E. 18th Street, Kansas City, Mo., 64108.
Meetings begin at 2 p.m. and are held in the Large Conference Room of the
Howard C. Breen Administration office.
Schedule of meetings for 2009:

January 21
February 18