[real-eyes] Re: new Apple TV and Sonos.

  • From: Mitchell Lynn <mitch.lynn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:40:29 -0500

Hmm. I don't know much about the digital connections on these sorts of
devices. I assume they are either ins or outs but not bidirectional. I
know the Sonos players have two non RCA outs on the back, but I don't
believe either is capable of input. I will have to check on that. The
Sonos soundbar might be a different animal entirely. Haven't looked at
that at all; it's too pricey in my book for what it is.

When is the Apple TV slated for release? I heard it was supposed to be
June but then delayed until some time this fall. Wish they would give it
the capability to stream from all file types from network sources.

On 09/11/15 2:31 AM, Reginald George wrote:

Particularly thinking of you Mitchell with this thread. This is going to be
one amazing device.

Yes, it will still be possible to connect the new Apple TV via fibre optic.
The ports are near enough the same as the original Apple TV, with the
addition of a lightning port to charge the Siri Remote.
On 10 Sep 2015, at 13:45, Daniel L. Gervais
<Daniel.L.Gervais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if the new Apple TV has a fiber optic out connection? I
know that the last one did as that is the one I had, but decided to give
to my niece who is starting university.

I will most certainly buy the new one but I have a Sonos playbar and had
my Apple TV hooked into it via fiber optic, so when I had blind friends
over, I could easily air play described movies to the sonos speaker
without having to turn on my TV.

Thanks!

From: Ty Thompson via iDevices <idevices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: iDevices <idevices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2015/09/10 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [iDevices] New Apple TV is accessible!

All,
I believe the original AppleTV is fully accessible as well. I use it with
my voice over and can post anything that's on my phone or iPad to a
widescreen TV through the Apple TV. Just wanted to let everyone know the
original is also accessible.

Sent from Ty's iPhone

On Sep 10, 2015, at 4:39 AM, christopher hallsworth via iDevices
<idevices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all
Subject says it all. Go here and read all about it.
www.apple.com/accessibility
and click on the TV Os link. Basically, the new Apple TV will be
accessible, out of the box, from day one!
Enjoy!
Chris