[real-eyes] Upgrading a Computer from XP Home to Vista Home Premium

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:49:54 -0600

Hello All:

I apologize for the cross post.  I seem to remember there being a way
you could upgrade a computer from Windows XP to Windows Vista without
assistance, by doing something called an unattended install.  If anyone
has the step by step instructions for doing this, can you please send
them to me privately, or, point me to where I can get them?  I'm wanting
to upgrade my 2-year-old Dell Laptop to Vista Home Premium from XP Home
and need these instructions.  Also, can I download something from
Microsoft to do this upgrade or do I need to purchase a Windows Vista
Home Premium CD?  We just bought a new Toshiba machine but it had Vista
Home Premium already installed and didn't come with any Windows CDs,
just a restore CD and I somehow don't think I can use that.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)