[real-eyes] Update for Adobe Acrobat Reader

  • From: Steven Clark <kcpadfoot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 19:23:55 -0500

For those still using Adobe's Acrobat Reader there is a security update
that you will want to install.  Simply press alt h to open the help menu
then arrow down to check for updates and press enter.

Personally I don't use Adobe's reader for reading .PDF files.  There are
just way too many security problems with their program.
Instead I use and suggest PDF To Txt from the Empowerment Zone.
It converts .PDF files to plain text and is very fast at doing so.
You can download this great and free program at
http://empowermentzone.com/p2tsetup.exe

If you decide to go the route I have taken, uninstall Adobe Acrobat
Reader from your computer.  Once you have PDF To Txt there is no longer
a need for such a poorly written program that is full of holes.

Steve