[real-eyes] Training Classes at ATC

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:33:02 -0500

Some of these classes cost, some are free, all are held online using the
Chatterbox client..

Please share the following announcement with others who may benefit.
Cordially,
Connie Leblond
November On-Line Training
And Special Events Calendar
At ATC!
november 1, 2007
Time:  2 to 4 PM Pacific Standard Time
Using Omnipage for direct OCR
Most blind users today work with either Open Book or Kurzweil 1000 for
reading scanned documents.
These programs are very useful, but expensive.
For a fraction of the price, one can use OmniPage, scan directly into office
applications, and have your screen reader read for you.
OmniPage allows for reading and saving in a mainstream format, and is
generally easier to use.
This session will walk you through the steps of installing and configuring
OmniPage for maximum screen reader friendliness.
There is a $50. fee for participation.  RSVP necessary.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Time:  2 to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time
Skype, What is it?
Everyone is talking about a program that keeps you talking.
  Come to this free internet
event to learn how to download Skype, create an account, and talk to the
world for
free!!
There is no charge for this session, but you must register in advance to
ensure you
have a space.
Thursday, Nov. 8, 2007
Time:  2 to 4 PM Pacific Standard Time
Dragon Naturally Speaking
Dictate documents, navigate websites, and control your computer with voice.
  Our
clients are using Dragon Naturally Speaking with all of the major screen
readers,
and no pesky middle ware.
Find out how to do it in this session.
A fee of $50. must be paid in advance of the on-line training.
Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2007
Time:  2 to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.some cool stuff from
ATC.
Check out the latest and greatest present ideas.
Recorders, note takers, kitchen
gadgets, and more.
Find that special gift or purchase a gift certificate for that special
someone.
Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007
Time:  2 to 4 PM. Pacific Standard Time
MS Word2003 -advanced
This session will cover document encryption, mail merge, and more.
  Participants
should have a working knowledge of Word to attend.
There is a $50. fee for participation that must be paid in advance of the
on-line
session.
Tues. Nov. 27, 2007
Time:  2 to 3 PM Pacific Standard Time
Selecting a suitable adaptive tech venue
In the past few years, several adaptive technology training facilities have
cropped
up.  Some of them are reputable; many are not.
Even the most reputable organizations
may not have what you need in order to achieve your goals.
  This free session will
help you to narrow the field.
Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007
Time:  2 to 4 PM Pacific Standard Time
Powerpoint basics
Microsoft Powerpoint is a tool used in education, business, marketing, and
more.
Attend this event and discover how to use it with your particular screen
reader.
We will be exploring the use of Power Point with Jaws, Window Eyes, and
System Access.
Whether your goal is to read power point files that come to you, or to
create your
own presentations, this seminar is for you.
The fee for this on-line training is $50. to be paid in advance of the
session.
To register for any and all of the following on-line trainings and special
events,
please phone 888-723-5011 Option #3.
We accept Visa and Mastercard for the on-line training sessions.
Participants will be sent an e-mail detailing the web site and password
necessary
to take part.
  We thank you for your participation!
Assistive Technology Center LLC