[real-eyes] Questions about Thunderbird please and thanks.

  • From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:23:59 -0600

I finally decided upon Thunderbird after much going back and forth and
not knowing what would be the best.
Windows live didn't hold my addresses in my contacts, and I seem to not
be able to just remember addresses, and had always counted upon the auto
complete so I am glad Thunderbird does.
A  couple of things though are different.
  I have to get used to it saying "Table" is this normal, or is there a
setting to turn the hearing of this word off?
Also is it normal to hear such fonts as:
Ex Western in the emails themselves?
Thanks.
What are the best settings, layouts for  blind people, are there things
that can be checked, or unchecked to make life easier in this email
program?
Seems like turning the  virtual ribbon on in JAWS seemed to help.

The only other thing, is sometimes a lot of information  comes before
the names in reading emails, and I  was used to the names coming right
away, so I knew if I had read the messages to make sure I hadn't missed
anything from anybody.
Thanks so much.for letting me be here.
I'm not used to these extras being in here like search and filters and
things, and so far things are just going into my inbox,  because I'm
afraid of the nightmare of setting up  folders like I used to have in OE
or other similar programs.
I'm getting old, I miss the simple, where I knew  where I was and what I
was doing in email.
*smile*
Gwen