[real-eyes] Question regarding converting what JAWS speaks into an audio file

  • From: Tim Sears <tufftimsears@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:58:36 -0800 (PST)

Hey all you JAWS users, I have a questions

Is there a way to create a .wav file or a .mp3 file from what JAWS speaks for
example if JAWS reads a Word Document is there a way to record what it reads
and
save it later as an audio file somehow.  The reason I am asking is that I am a
converting a Spanish Textbook for a Spanish 101 class and the class has both
English and Spanish in it.  Well, Jaws really is a great reader for this.  I
just have to select the Spanish text and English text in Word and identify with
language it is then JAWS automatically detects what language it is when it
reads
the document and switches seamlessly from English to Spanish when reading a
document.  While I was doing this it dawned on me that it would be great if I
could actually somehow record JAWS reading the text, save that a .wav or .mp3
file and then I could burn those files into an audio format.  Is there a way to
do this?