[real-eyes] Re: Podcasting

  • From: "Jim Fettgather" <jimkc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:09:07 -0500

You could absolutely do this
Keep in mind, when you're listening to submissions at Blind Cool Tech from
the web site, you're not really listening to podcasts as such, basically,
you're listening to files that have just been placed on the web site.

Kind of similar to when I put up an audio file of a real-eyes meeting, it's
not a podcast, just a link to an audio file.
You can get an actual podcasst client that would download podcasts for you
automatically, but they can be initially a bit difficult to configure at
first.

So, as you say, you could create the MP3 or WMA file, and the Olympus DS 50
would work just fine.
You could try emailing the file, but many ISP's have limits on the size of
email attachments.
 I would take a look at
www.sendspace.com
because you can upload a very large file, and email anyone the link to the
file so that they can download it.

 .