[real-eyes] Re: One touch typing.

  • From: "Andrea Breier" <abreier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:05:52 -0600

I think what you are talking about is called touch typing mode.  Here is how
to set it up.

To enable touch typing  mode,

press the home button to bring up the spotlight search

double tap in the box. Now there is a keyboard displayed on the lower half
of your screen.

you use the rotor control when the keyboard is showing, and rotor to the
"typing" option. To use the rotor, place two fingers on the screen and
gesture as if to twist a knob on a radio.

When you have the typing options selected, then swipe up/down to switch
between default and touch typing modes.

Be aware that even with touch typing enabled, shift, delete, and "more"
still require a split tap to activate.

Now that touch typing is enabled, you place your finger in the keyboard
area, listening for the desired letter, and then lift your finger to type
it.  Be sure to keep your finger on the screen while in the keyboard area,
because lifting your finger will type unwanted letters.

To type in all upper case letters on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad you
can either do a double split tap on the Shift key (i.e., touch the Shift key
with one finger and double tap the screen with a second finger), or triple
tap the Shift key to set it to all caps.  Then when type other keys, you'll
hear them all announced as "Capital".  To undo the "Caps Lock" effect, just
double tap the Shift key once more.

To do double-tap and hold when typing in touch-typing mode:
1: find the letter you want o apply this to.
2: Without lifting the finger touch screen with an other finger, like with
split-tap. This stops the letter from being entered when you lift the
finger.
3: Lift fingers from screen then double-tap and hold.

Hugs, AJ

Recipe for happiness: Live with enthusiasm, smile for no reason, love
without conditions, act with purpose, listen with your heart, and laugh
often.

NET SECURITY:  When forwarding email messages please consider your
obligation to erase all names and email addresses.  And send the message by
using BCC (Blind Copy) and you will avoid spammers and viruses on the net.

Thank you.