[real-eyes] MOMENT OF REMEMBRANCE

  • From: "jose" <crunch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 06:46:56 -0500

citizens to unite for the National Moment of Remembrance at 3 p.m. (local time)
tomorrow on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31. Our hope is that your readers will
pause at that moment whether at a ballgame or barbecue, in the swimming pool or
at the shopping mall, in respectful silence to honor America's fallen.
      To unite the country in remembrance, Congress officially established the
National Moment of Remembrance in 2000. And as has been done in the past, in
observance of this National Moment, Major League Baseball games will stop,
Amtrak trains will blow their whistles and the National Grocers Association and
Food Marketing Institute will have customers and staff pause in more than
30,000 stores throughout our country.
      Abby, your patriotism and compassion, united with that of your millions
of readers, have helped us -- and continue to help us -- unite our country in
remembrance of our fallen on Memorial Day.

      We must ensure that their lives, their deaths and the memory of their
sacrifice will never be forgotten. So let us stop for a moment at 3:00 (local
time) tomorrow and commit to live honoring America's fallen every day that we
breathe the fresh air of freedom in our land of hope and promise. -- CARMELLA
LA SPADA, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, WHITE HOUSE COMMISSION ON REMEMBRANCE

      DEAR CARMELLA: Thank you for your beautiful letter. I accept your kind
invitation on behalf of myself and Dear Abby readers everywhere. This act of
unity on Memorial Day will be a time of respect, reflection and commitment in
memory of the almost 2 million men and women who have died in the service of
our nation. Their sacrifices for us live on in each constitutional right we
practice, and in our hearts always.

Jose Lopez, President
Lopez Language Services, LLC

"We Speak Your Language"