[real-eyes] IOS: Using the Built in Dictionary

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 09:25:28 -0500

I found this from another list, and I sure find it to work very well.

Begin quote
   When reading an email message, Flicking from line to line, I decided to
sellect a word and define it. I put the rotor in "word", flicked down till I
heard the word I wanted, then performed a double tap and hold, then I
touched the bottom left of the screen, heard "refresh", I flicked once to
the left and heard "define" I double tapped on that and voila! the
dictionary page appeared complete with definition!
End quote

This seems to work everywhere I have tried it, and the on-board
dictionary reads much better than most dictionary apps.