[real-eyes] Hear Planet App IOS and Android

  • From: blindbites <blindbites@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nutkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:06:13 -0500

Hi,
I heard about this app on the Mobile Accessibility list and thought I'd
share it with everyone. I've learned it is available for IOS as well.
Hear planet gives you history and other information about a city,
County, special point of interest etc..
You can search by location and there is also a "near me" feature that
will find items in the general area where you are.

When I go into the "near me" feature it gives me a list of things like
Platte County
Riverside
North Kansas City
Kansas City Missouri
Kansas City Kansas
Sprint Center
Timberwolf Roller Coaster

The info about an item is in audio with a voice that is pretty clear,
only mispronounces a few words.
I've already learned a few things about the area I didn't know. I know
at least with the Android version there is a lite and pro versions of
the app. I haven't found what the difference is, other than one is free
and the pro is $3.

Enjoy,
Steve