[real-eyes] Fw: vision app

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Support for I Devices." <idevices@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 01:58:35 -0700

Well, here comes another app to describe objects in the environment to blind
people. It sounds a lot like Tap Tap See. There certainly is a lot of hype
around it, and they are already implying it won’t be free. Just like all
these competing services wanting to offer video to blind people about their
surroundings and expecting us to pay for this service. I think that the market
is going to get quickly saturated for these types of apps, and this better
really do something special if they don’t want to get lost in the noise and
ignored. I’m not that impressed with the video. I need to be convinced that
they are really doing something different and revolutionary before I would
spend my time on it.
Reg
Marita Cheng has created an app that enables blind people to have the world
described to them using artificial intelligence. A video shows the reactions
of its first users; you may view it at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5g82YNmwmU.

She is looking for as many beta users to sign up for a free trial as possible.
You can sign up for the app at

http://aipoly.com/.

Sharon Lovering, Editor

American Council of the Blind